CLICK FOR MY BEFORE & AFTER CARE GUIDELINES.
Before each treatment moisturize your scalp. This prepares the scalp to allow the pigment to enter the skin easier and stay there. The night before your S.M.P procedure It is best to buzz cut your hair with the zero guard if you wish to keep your hair long for density correction cases that’s ok too. After each scalp micro-pigmentation session is over, we understand you will want to get back to your usual routine. Clinics receive a lot of questions regarding aftercare, and most of these questions are about instructions and limitations for the days following each session.
We have compiled a list of the most important considerations after your treatment. The aim is to avoid disturbing your new pigment deposits, and of course, you should do all you can to avoid any interference with the healing process.
- First of all, relax. You’ve probably been building up to your first session, and pre-treatment anxiety is common. Now is the perfect time to take a deep breath.
- You should try to avoid any physical effort which might make you sweat. Don’t wash your head or get water on it. The desire to wash your scalp may be strong, but for the first three days, you should resist the temptation.
- You can consider shaving your head at this point. Use a buzzer hair clipper carefully. However, keep the shaver away from scabs that are still present on your head and don’t try to peel them away.
- Now is also a good time to get some water on your head. A light shower will do the trick but avoid shampoo.
- You can also moisture your head, and you can perform activities from which you sweat lightly. Lift some weights at a low pace but avoid tough cardio sessions.
Day 7 onwards
- At this point, you can resume your showering sessions and get back to your usual schedule. There won’t be any issues with the water or with the shampoo when you wash your scalp.
- If you’re itching to get back to the gym, you can now get back to your usual routine and sweat as much as you’d like.
Day 30 (after all sessions are complete)
- Fake tan, saunas, and swimming pools are fine from here on.
- If you live in a warm, sunny climate, take adequate precautions. A quality non-greasy sunscreen is best.
- Moisturize daily with a light moisturizing cream.
Call, Text, Or Email any questions or send over some photos of your hair-loss for a detailed assessment and price quote.